Friday, January 1, 2016

One Happy Little Stool

These counter-height solid wood stools were a craigslist find for $5 each. I have only one of them completed and I am unsure about what I am going to do with the other one so far. I love love love brightly colored furniture, but after working with wood and paint a fair amount, I think I am going to start making my own brightly colored stains instead. The pieces will age better and I think I will be much happier with the overall results. This stool was going to have concentric circles on top, but trying to get that perfectly straight was way too difficult for me, so when all else fails, cover it with gelli prints :) I may completely start over with these stools or I may just move on to the next thing. The other one will be completely different, but I'm ok with that. I have two other sets of stools in my stash so I will definitely try out my new colored stains on them. I painted these with Americana acrylics.




No comments:

Post a Comment