Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Mini Canvas Paintings!!!

In between the twenty or so art projects I am currently working on, I have finally found a moment to post about a few little things that have reached some stage of completion. I say that because sometimes I find myself going back to stuff I already did and trying to make it a bit better. Sometimes I am happy with the results, but sometimes not. I do this because my once quite small creative "toolbox" has been expanding more and more every day. I have learned so much by watching a few amazing artists who are willing to share their techniques, and I am forever grateful that they have taken the time to not only share their beautiful work, but to show others how they do it. Muriel Moret/Mimi Bondi https://mimibondi.com/, Nika Rousse/Nika in Wonderland on youtube, and also nicoletta zanella on youtube - YOU ROCK and you make beyond awesome art...THANK YOU!!!!!!

So...for my first wee little post today, I have a few mini canvases, size 2.5 x 2.5, perfect for the wall in any dollhouse where the inhabitants love color :) I got these little canvases and easles at Joann's and painted them using my DecoArt Media white gesso and Americana acrylics, with a touch of that Daler Rowney System 3 fluorescent pink, which I cannot live without. The stamps are either my "custom" eraser stamps or from a set by Hero Arts called Tiny Background Stamps. White Sharpie paint pen on top. On the second painting I used a little black paint pen too. On the third painting the trees are made with black fabric paint and then painted over.








3 comments:

  1. These are adorable. Lucky is the doll that gets these in her house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both!!! I have not gotten to decorating any of my dollhouses yet, but soon...I am going to make a tiny art studio/shop and I will need plenty of paintings for sale and display :) maybe some of my mini loving friends will want some too for their dollhouses

    ReplyDelete