Thursday, November 5, 2015

Now I Am Beautiful!!!

Here it is, finally, the ugly pink thing is so pretty now!! I got this old computer desk ? thing because it was almost free and I saw possibilities for it to be used as a display piece for some of my artwork in the very near future. It looked bigger in the pictures before I got it, but I can work with it anyway. One cool thing about it is the holes in the back which will allow me to put lights inside. I am hoping to get a small space in a shop near me, as well as planning on trying out some local art festivals and miniature shows this year. The shop is in a super cool old house with lots of charm. My happy art would so love it there!! I have a whole pile of  different wooden pieces waiting in line for their Gelli print treatment or a sweet paint job. I think the best part is that a lot of my art will be FUNK-tional as well as fun to look at. I could fill my whole house and all my dollhouses with this stuff I love it so much. All the Gelli prints were made using Americana Acrylics and Neons, as well as Daler Rowney System 3 Fluorescent Pink Acrylic. I listed all the stencils in my last blog post about the gelli prints. It is just below this one. The stamps used on this piece are some of my homemade eraser stamps, two from the Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge set and several from the Inkadinkadoo Hearts set. DecoArt Media black gesso and Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics in Black Tie were used for the black part at the top. All the monoprints were applied to the ugly pink thing with Americana Decou-page Matte. I started with a foam brush and switched to my rubber smoothing tool. A lot less glue was used that way.

Ugly Pink Thing...


eeek, i know it is a horrible color...here it is with just a little happiness applied...


NOW I am BEAUTIFUL!!!










the top...


and sides...

Oh yes I think she looks so sweet now. All ready to display some of my new one of a kind items for sale. Thanks for looking!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have not thought about using my prints on furniture. Thank you for the idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie you are most certainly welcome!!

      Delete
  2. It's looking great, would love to have such an item in my house! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and awesome. Be sure to share pics when you load it up with your one of a kind projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jazzy JEC!!! I will definitely do that :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you ladies for taking the time to comment on my art!!! You are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of work put into this piece, never mind all of the printing

    ReplyDelete