Thursday, October 8, 2015

My First Dollhouse!!!

Hello...my how the days just seem to fly by! Today I just want to share some pictures of my first dollhouse ever!! I'm so excited about this!!! I have wanted a dollhouse since I was in 5th grade and I saw an amazing one at a friends house. One week after my 49th birthday, I found this dollhouse for an amazing price. It even came with 19 pieces of furniture, including a super cool mod fridge, 4 people dolls, a dog and cat, a set of pots and pans and some cans of soda. Based on my research, this house is an Ashley Jr. house by Real Good Toys. All the parts and every last shingle are here, even though the porch railings and other trim are not in the picture. I'm going to paint everything before I put that stuff back on. The inner walls are also out for the same reason. One of the best things about this house is that it has not been wallpapered or had anything done that I have to "demo"and it already has awesome wood floors. I am changing the shutters and the front door for sure. I know the inside is not going to be done in any one traditional style. I'm going to decorate it like I would my real house, in my style :) and I am going to make a lot of things to go in it. There will definitely be an art studio in this house, and cupcakes :) .  I am thinking about painting the outside like some of the pretty  colored houses I have seen at the beach, but I have not decided yet. The current color of the outside is not too bad. There is an old Victorian house in the town where I used to live that is painted bright orange and another is bright blue. Both of those houses are used for businesses. Please check back if you are interested in seeing how my dollhouse comes along!!





No comments:

Post a Comment