Thursday, October 8, 2015

"Happy Houses" Mixed Media Art Canvases

I love little houses, so currently I am doing a collection of happy houses on small canvases. My first happy little house is done on an 11" x 14" canvas panel. My background was painted with Americana Acrylics. It is not hard to tell that Sizzling Pink Neon is my favorite color. The houses and trees are cut from Gelli print clean-up papers. I drew the bird and the flowers on cardstock with Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens and colored them with Prismacolor pencils. The spiral stamps are made from erasers and the flowers and hearts are mini cling and wood mounted stamps. The stencils used are Dots by Americana and raindrops by Prima. I no longer have the wrapper, but I think the flower stencil is by Plaid. I doodled with Painter's and Montana acrylic paint pens in black and white, and added a little sparkle to the flowers, the bird, and the heart on the door with a beyond awesome Sakura Stardust pen.



Happy house #2 is on a 9" x 9" gallery wrap canvas that I got at the thrift store for $1.99. It had a baby theme on it, but nothing a little DecoArt Media Gesso couldn't fix. This background is also done with those awesome and affordable Americana Acrylics and Neons. I drew the house, the bird, and the flowers with my Pitt pens and colored them with Prismacolor pencils. I outlined the bird with Derwent Inktense. I used the Scribble and Dots stencils by Americana, some eraser stamps made by me, and those tiny rubber and cling stamps again. The arrow stamp is from Stampabilities Cute Border Mix. I wrote my words and the lines around them with a Ranger Embossing Pen in black and embossed with Recollections Clear Embossing Powder. I used the same black and white paint pens to doodle, and I love love love that Stardust pen for adding some sparkle!!



 For the last happy house of the day, we have another thrift store treasure, only this one is 10" x 10" and the gallery wrap is 2" instead of 1.5". Now that's a canvas!!! When I start stretching my own, I am definitely making them that thick. As you can see, I am drawn to the same colors all the time. I have had this "problem" for as long as I can remember and I cannot get away from the bright colors, nor do I want to! DecoArt Media Gesso and then Americana acrylic paints for the background, heavy on the Sizzling Pink. House and flowers using Pitt Artist pens and Prismacolor pencils. I used several homemade eraser stamps, a juice lid for the white circles, and my tiny stamps. Scribble stencil by Americana. On this one, I outlined the house and the flowers with a Derwent Inktense pencil in Indian Ink. I also put some DecoArt Media Modeling Paste through a little dot stencil to make the white dots. Again I used the Painter's and Montana acrylic paint pens to doodle and the Sakura Stardust pen for sparkle. On all three of these canvases, I used DecoArt Matte Medium to adhere the houses, flowers, and birds to the canvas. I included a few close ups, with hopes that you could see the sparkle from the Stardust pens. For my next mixed media house project, I will be working on some little house shaped coasters I found for $1. Please stay tuned :)





No comments:

Post a Comment