Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Gelli Print Flowers and Bird Canvas

Hello...this was my first attempt at using my 8 x 10 Gelli Plate http://www.gelliarts.com/ like a stamp on a canvas. I stuck my Gelli Plate to an 11 x 14 acrylic sheet for direct stamping on the canvas, which did not work as well as I had hoped. The canvas has too much texture to get a solid print, but after stamping over the whole thing a few times, I was happy with the background results. Next time I will use a large piece of foam board or illustration board, something smoother. The flowers and the little birdie are cut from other Gelli prints and embellished with black and white paint pens. I love how it came out, and it has a lot of colorful texture when viewed close up. Thanks for having a look!!





No comments:

Post a Comment