Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Gelli Print Cookbook Makeover/Altered Book

OK it is official...my name is Pamela and I am a Gelli Plate addict http://www.gelliarts.com/. I cannot stop making things more awesome with Gelli prints. This project is an old cookbook makeover. My mom had this cookbook my whole life and I don't really cook a lot, but I can turn this book, which has a hardback three ring binder, into a sweet art journal. This cookbook has A LOT of pages, and they are pretty thin. I would like to use them though, so I will put a few together and coat them with white gesso and see how they hold up. Otherwise I will cut new pages from heavy cardstock or watercolor paper to fit. Here is the old cookbook before it got a makeover...




First I put two coats of gesso on the inside, outside, and the spine.


Then I used Mod Podge Matte and a foam brush to glue the Gelli prints on.
SO much prettier now!! More pictures when I get the inside done.



Update...here are pictures of the inside of the cover and one of the dividers...




No comments:

Post a Comment